Public Meeting: June 22, 2023 @ 6:30PM, Cynthia McCabe, Superintendent of Public Schools
At our June Meeting the Superintendent of Carroll County Public Schools will join us. Please plan to attend this important meeting.
Who: All residents of Finksburg and its environs are invited
When: June 22, 2023, 6:30 PM
Where: Finksburg Branch Carroll County Public Library
This meeting is an excellent opportunity for local residents to hear from Superintendent McCabe and ask questions.
The Observer is working on questions for the Superintendent and here are a few on my list prior to the meeting on June 22nd:
- Budget – Now that the budget is behind you for this year where does the school system stand in regards to the budget?
- Can you explain why the school system approves their budget prior to the Commissioners approving the County budget? It seems odd for the school system to adopt a budget without a final approved allocation from the County.
- Blueprint – A number of jurisdictions seem to have similar concerns as noted in Carroll County about funding (especially local funding) of Blueprint. Is Carroll County working with other jurisdictions to address the funding challenges going forward? Do you anticipate any changes to the current Blueprint plan prior to implementing that plan?
- Redistricting – The redistricting process was put off prior to the elections in 2022. When does the school system plan to restart the redistricting process?
- Do you anticipate the schools that serve the children in the Finksburg area to be impacted by the upcoming redistricting process?
- Testing – Carroll County did well compared to other jurisdictions in Maryland with testing scores (MCAP). That being said the numbers still seem lower than I think many would like to see from our students (especially the math scores). Is there a plan to continue to raise those scores in the future?
Have other questions you think should be on the list…let me know in the comments (here or on social media).