Here are summaries of the latest campaign finance reports (Pre-General Report 1 from July 4, 2022 to August 23, 2022) for candidates running for Carroll County Commissioner in District 3:
Tom Gordon (R):
- Prior Balance: $5,222,83
- Total Receipts: $700.00
- Total Expenditures: $2,733.77
- Cash Balance: $3,189.06
See full report here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zpgCRfuVMgludrFhpFXrIaKeTpIHsIyy/view?usp=sharing
Zach Hands (D):
- Prior Balance: $1,104.06
- Total Receipts: $2,960.00
- Total Expenditures: $1,044.24
- Cash Balance: $3,019.82
See full report here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u3JKww_V6Dzbg50AzAoZuo9ov-O2pCzR/view?usp=sharing
Zach Hands raised the most money in the latest reports and Tom Gordon spent the most money.
Cash on hand is pretty even between the two candidates at this point (Gordon holding a slight $169.24 advantage).
Notable items on the reports:
- Board of Education candidates (Jozkowski and Scanlan) are noted on the report for Zach Hands (under ticket purchases)
- Carroll County Democratic Central Committee contributed $1,000 to the Hands campaign.
- Hands is advertising with The Observer (noted under expenditures to ScottE Software Development)
The next set of campaign finance reports (Pre-General Report 2) for candidates are due October 28th.
2022 Gubernatorial Election Dates
Early Voting for the General Election: Thursday, October 27, 2022 through Thursday, November 3, 2022 from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
General Election: November 8, 2022, 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Learn more about the candidates and the District here: