Looks like we could be seeing some snow overnight in Carroll County. Here is the Winter Weather Advisory for January 12th and 13th:
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST SUNDAY…
* WHAT…Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 inches, with up to 4 inches locally.
* WHERE…Portions of central, north central and northern Maryland and northern and northwest Virginia.
* WHEN…From 10 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…The heaviest accumulations will be on non- paved surfaces.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
When venturing outside, watch your first few steps taken on steps, sidewalks, and driveways, which could be icy and slippery, increasing your risk of a fall and injury.
Here are maps from a recent NWS Baltimore-Washington tweet:
Here is a detailed forecast for Saturday and Sunday from the National Weather Service:
Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. West wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
Tonight: A chance of rain and snow before 11pm, then snow. Low around 27. North wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Sunday: Snow before 10am, then a chance of snow showers between 10am and 2pm. High near 33. North wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind 7 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
Does not look like a significant event in advance of Super Bowl Sunday but I will try and get a few photos online tomorrow morning of whatever falls overnight.