Patrick Bruel left France for some time abroad. The 67-year-old singer accused of rape, attempted rape and sexual assault had the right, but it outrages the alleged victims.
The lawyers of the indicted star informed RTL on Tuesday that Patrick Bruel is “back in France after a brief stay abroad”. They emphasize that their client did not benefit from “any privilege” and that he does not present a risk of flight because he responded to all summons from the police and the courts.
We do not know where Patrick Bruel went or for exactly how long. But he indeed had the right to do so. We learned in mid-August that his judicial control had been relaxed on July 21. The ban on leaving French territory was then lifted. The prosecution contested this relaxation, but while waiting for the decision, which should fall in mid-September, Bruel can travel.
Still, it scandalizes some alleged victims. Me Carine Durrieu-Diebolt, lawyer for one of the plaintiffs, criticizes on RTL “preferential treatment” of the artist and says that her client is “outraged”.
Lawyer for Flavie Flament and five other plaintiffs, Me Corinne Hermann, denounces a relaxation which would send an “inadmissible message” to the women who were victims of the singer.
Another victim representative, Me Myriam Guedj-Benayoun, says she does not suspect preferential treatment. “On the other hand, what I can say is that I almost never see, if ever” such a decision in this type of business, she notes for franceinfo.
Patrick Bruel is accused of harassment or sexual violence by around thirty women. He is indicted for rape, attempted rape, assault or sexual harassment of four women. He is presumed innocent.
The singer, if he can leave France, is prohibited from coming into contact with the women who accuse him of frequenting massage parlors. He must undergo psychological treatment and had to pay bail of 500,000 euros.
New complaint for attempted rape
A new complaint has been filed against Patrick Bruel, France Inter announced this Wednesday. For alleged acts of attempted rape, she was filed “this summer”, indicates Myriam Guedj-Benayoun, lawyer for several other complainants. plaintiffs specifies.
“We find the same operating mode again: we are in the world of entertainment, she is approached, invited to a party and finally at this party, she will be alone with Patrick Bruel and that is where she will say that she is the victim of attempted rape,” detailed the lawyer. The date of the alleged attack was not revealed but the victim was “very young” at the time and the facts would have prescribed.