The Carroll County Observer will be tracking the early voting turnout throughout the 2022 General Election (Oct 27th – Nov 3rd).
Here is a recap of early voting in Carroll County on days 1 and 2:
- Westminster had the lion share of early voters on day 1 and 2 (1,902 votes cast at that location in two days).
Of the 3,532 votes cast on day 1 and day 2:
- 1,013 are registered Democrats
- 41 are registered Green, Libertarian or Other
- 2,043 are registered Republicans
- 435 are registered as Unaffiliated / Independent
The 3,532 votes cast to date makes up 2.77% of eligible voters in the county. This percentage continues to top the statewide turnout (2.16% statewide on days 1 and 2).
Fun Fact: Of the jurisdictions in Maryland with over 100,000 eligible voters…Carroll County has the second highest percentage of early voters to eligible voters:
- Harford County: 3.19%
- Carroll County: 2.77%
- Howard County: 2.54%
- Anne Arundel County: 2.33%
- Baltimore County: 2.27%
- Charles County: 2.23%
- Frederick County: 1.92%
- Prince George’s County: 1.85%
- Montgomery County 1.71%
- Baltimore City: 1.22%
Looking back at the past 2 Gubernatorial elections:
2018: 4,227 total votes cast on days 1 and 2 of early voting in Carroll County (2 early voting locations)
2014: 2,248 total votes case on days 1 and 2 of early voting in Carroll County (1 early voting location)
The Observer will continue to track this data daily through Early Voting.
Here is a look at mail in voting for the 2022 General Election as of October 28th (the latest information available):