Home Carroll County Accidental fire from improper handling of cooking materials reported at Mount Airy...

Accidental fire from improper handling of cooking materials reported at Mount Airy Apartments on February 20th

514
0
Advertisement

The following was shared from Mount Airy Volunteer Fire Company on February 21st:

On Tuesday, February 20, at 2232 hours (10:32 PM), the Mount Airy Volunteer Fire Company and surrounding companies were dispatched to the Mount Airy Apartments (200 block of Watersville Road) for a report of a building fire.

Chief 1 arrived first on scene to find a two- story apartment building with nothing evident from the exterior and established command. Upon investigation, Engine 12 reported smoke on the second floor and pulled a handline, and further found a kitchen fire that had been kept in check by the homeowner with a fire extinguisher. Engine 12 and Truck 1, staffed by volunteer and career personnel, hit hot spots and opened up the surrounding area to check for further extension. The fire was contained to the kitchen cabinets.

The origin of the fire was in the kitchen and the cause was determined to be accidental from improper handling of cooking materials. The incident was handled by the MAVFC units. Crews operated for approximately 30 minutes before returning to service.

###

Here is the post with photos from Mount Airy Volunteer Fire Company:

###

Here is the location of the incident: Mount Airy Apartments (200 block of Watersville Road)

###

You can find the Carroll County Observer on these social media platforms:

Advertisement
Previous articleFormer Governor of Maryland Bob Ehrlich scheduled to be the keynote speaker at a local Board of Education candidate event in Carroll County
Next articleTeen reported missing last seen in the Anneslie area (Towson) on February 21st

Leave a Reply