The Carroll County Observer continues the reporting of candidate campaign finance reports from local candidates. Today I have for you the latest campaign finance reports for candidates running for Carroll County Commissioner in District 5.
Here is a high level overview of the Pre-Primary 1 reports filed in June 2022:
Here are some specifics for each candidate:
Some interesting facts in the reports:
Rothstein raised the most money: $10,600.00 (via 6 contributions in the latest report)
- Maryland Muckraker published the following information about money raised by Rothstein: Big developer helping fund Ed Rothstein’s campaign has worrisome public education ties
Of the money Maerten raised ($3,889.05): $1,500 was in campaign loans.
Rothstein spent the most money: $14,688.10
- Rothstein transferred $1,700 to the following campaigns:
- Ambrose for Congress: $150
- Kelly Schulz for Governor: $1,000
- Friends of Haven Shoemaker: $300
- Friends of Steve Whisler: $250
Allison appears to be spending money for her campaign ($1,897.05) primarily through “In-Kind Contributions” per the latest report.
Rothstein has the most money on hand: $11,063.99
Learn more about the candidates:
I have heard that the Community Media Center (CMC) will be holding a 2022 District 5 – Commissioner Candidate Forum by the end of the month (I believe the date may be June 30th.)
At this time the CMC has not posted public information about this forum on their website so I would recommend following this page for additional details if the forum does happen: https://www.carrollmediacenter.org/2022-primary-election-candidates
The Carroll County Observer will be releasing the Carroll County State’s Attorney candidate campaign finance reports soon. Stay tuned.